Guesthouse Manager, Host, and Hostess
Consider using your passion, skills and abilities as a guesthouse manager, host or hostess in the work of Bible translation. Fill out our Manager, Professional and Trades (MPT) Survey and you’ll be put in touch with a Wycliffe representative.
Guest House Manager, Host, and Hostess Positions Available:
|• Group House Manager||• Guest House Manager|
(Note: This is not an exhaustive list; these and related roles may have open positions available!)
For information about any of these jobs contact email@example.com
MAJOR GOALS / OBJECTIVES
Responsible for coordinating and managing a group housing facility to provide hospitality to transient members and guests; Responsible for hospitality arrangements made for guests, (specific objectives vary by job).
Job responsibilities vary for each position available.
The list below gives only a general look at a variety of responsibilities in this area.
- Maintains records of guest arrival and departure dates, arranging transportation when necessary, (specific responsibilities vary by job).
- Estimates food requirements and obtains supplies using the most efficient source.
- Organizes day-to-day activities involved in providing hospitality, ensuring smooth operation and a happy, homelike atmosphere.
- Encourages and inspires group house staff to see their work as a Christian ministry to co-workers.
- Provides disciplined Christian leadership. Plans and performs maintenance activities such as cleaning, painting and repairs, using assistance of staff available.
- Empathizes with and cares for the needs of colleagues who may arrive tired, hungry and unexpectedly, understanding the pressures of field work.
- Develops and maintains accurate financial records, and forwards charges according to rates and policies established in consultation with administration.
- Works comfortably in a cross-cultural situation, maintaining relationships with guests, staff, suppliers and administration.
- May plan and provide or assist with special arrangements for hospitality, such as buffet lunches or sit-down dinners, which may take place outside the group house facilities.
- Often this position is filled by a husband-wife team.
- Maintains and forwards records of charges incurred by guests in accordance with policies or special instructions from administration.
- Makes recommendations to administration regarding housing, furnishings, utensils and appliance needs. Arranges hospitality rosters for guests in own and other members' homes, in some instances.
POSITION EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent, (specific requirements and experience vary by job).
- Basic understanding of budgeting and accounting
- Previous managerial or leasing experience